We Want You!
Our 500+ hour certified Pilates Instructors provide best-in-class Pilates reformer classes for upwards of 20+ students in the room. They are obsessed with helping students sweat, shake and sculpt their bodies to achieve their best selves. They are edgy, supportive, charismatic, committed, inspiring and kind. They are a proud representative of the NYP brand.
This position will report to the Studio Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Program and lead reformer group classes in-studio
- Program and lead privates/ duets in-studio
- Consistently follow the NYP Programming Guidelines; stay up to date with product evolution and updates
- Commitment to a consistent teaching schedule along with monthly subbing expectations
- Act as a representative of NYP through dress, presentation, communication and professionalism
- Facilitate community amongst your students and peers
- Build strong student relationships and retention
- Actively promote your NYP classes and class schedule
- Become an expert on and consistently execute studio brand standards
- Complete studio subbing requirements monthly as required by your full time or part time employment status
- Full Pilates Reformer Certification required
- Experience teaching group Pilates classes
- Positive, confident and kind demeanor
- Love people and pilates!
- Open to new ideas and change in a growing company
- Familiarity with Balanced Body equipment preferred
- Company Ambassadorship: promotes the company through own actions and relationship
- Curious: interested in learning new skills, both hard and soft, to grow
- Happy: enjoyable to be around; energetic and passionate about their role
- Adaptability and Resilience: willing and able to be flexible and pivot based on prioritization of student and/or business needs
- Grit and Problem Solving: ability to persevere toward a goal despite being confronted by obstacles and distractions
New York Pilates offers a 2 week onboarding to get you on the floor and teaching classes quickly! With access to our digital learning platform, newly hired at NYP gain access to our top tier curriculum and supportive training team members across NYC and the Hamptons.
Not certified? You can earn your certification through NYP’s Instructor Training program! If you are an experienced fitness instructor and are interested in becoming a pilates instructor at New York Pilates reach out to us at [email protected] for additional information about our scholarship program!
We are building an A+ team with talented individuals. And we are here to help you along the way! Here are some of the great perks you get working with us!
Things we take into account when calculating the compensation are global averages per skillset, your local cost of living, your skills, and your experience.
Medical & 401k
Full time employees have access to these benefits.
Free NYP Membership
Our workouts are amazing and we want you to be a part of the community at NYP. Which means taking classes! As an NYP team member, you will receive complimentary classes & NYP guest passes each month (get to work out with friends)!