PELLA DOORS & WINDOWS: TRADE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
(Suffolk County, Eastern Long Island, including Hamptons area)
We are expanding our Territory! Join the team now as we are opening a new
4,000 square foot Pella Windows and Doors Experience Center on Old Country Road
Since 1925, Pella Windows and Doors has continued to remain
faithful to their principles of traditional American values, integrity and the
desire to enrich the homes and lives of others. In addition to providing
consumers with the highest quality product available in the industry, Pella
continues to grow and employ thousands of families across the country. Here at
Pella, we are dedicated to continuous improvement of product, service, and
processes. Working for Pella Windows and Doors is more than a job, it is an
opportunity to build a lifelong career with a company that recognizes hard work
and dedication to Pella Windows and Doors values.
As a Pella Trade Sales Representative, you will develop
long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with builders, contractors,
architects, trade organizations and consumer clients. You will also be
responsible for all practices and aspects pertaining to generating a
high-volume, profitable sales while achieving maximum market penetration with
as few service requirements as possible. Special projects and other duties as
assigned and based on business necessity. The work environment as a Trade Sales
Representative includes the typical office environment and frequent visits to
construction jobsites or customer homes.
The Trade Sales Representative for Pella Windows and Doors
is responsible for building the Pella brand within the construction industry.
This self-starting individual will grow their account base through prospecting,
building relationships in the industry, and promoting Pella products. Our
philosophy is, “Find a builder, quote a builder, close a builder, and keep
a builder”. The Trade Sales Representative is a socially confident
salesperson who will provide well-rounded solutions, market expertise, and partnership
by understanding customer needs. One way to do this is through developing
professional relationships with builders, contractors, architects, professional
remodelers and trade organizations. Successful Trade Sales Representatives are
proactive in driving the acquisition of new accounts through networking,
face-to-face meetings, and referrals. Trade Sales Representatives work as a
business partner to their customers while continually striving for 100%
“Very Satisfied” customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Achieve individual sales goals and objectives.
· Maintain customer satisfaction ratings that exceed
· Conduct five face-to-face meetings with decision makers
· Network – generating referrals.
· Close sales with new customers/clients while maintaining
existing customer relationships.
· Maintain exceptional level of expertise of
products/services relating to Pella’s customers.
· Ensure quotes and orders are accurate following company
· Thank clients and encourage a continuing relationship by
acting as their central point of contact with Pella.
· Build customer relationships through follow up with
existing and potential clients using a consultative sales process; i.e. sends
hand written thank you cards to customers as a proactive measure of customer
· Collaborate with Service/Operations teams to ensure
successful after sales service requirements and installations.
· Responsible for all field activities and aspects relating
to customer relations, product application, product sales and delivery, service
and product installation instruction, collections, and striving for 100%
· Coordinate, promote, and advance the presence of the
entire Pella product line while staying updated with activity or news in the
architectural and construction-related community.
· Actively represent Pella Doors & Windows at
company-sponsored events, professional group’s invitations to discuss and/or
present Pella products, trade association meetings, and at consumer home shows
to promote Pella products.
· Present product demonstrations, accurately read and
interpret take-off blueprints, and to use electronic software and systems (PQM,
MSOffice, etc.) to quote, sell and order products for remodeling and new
construction residential and light commercial projects, and assist in providing
prompt and on-time delivery.
· Ensure that Pella products are installed properly and in
accordance with recommended guidelines of the manufacturer.
· Generate own leads, and follow-up on leads generated by
Manger reports, Pella Corporation, window store generated and outstanding Pella
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Actively represent Pella at company sponsored events, HBA
meetings, trade association meetings and/or builder home shows.
· Respond to client concerns and apply independent
decision-making while striving for first-time resolution on all client
· Strive to close the sale during all customer
· Engage customers in consultative sales interaction,
recommending the products and total solution that satisfy the needs of the
· Advise customers on manufacturer installation guidelines
and field measure openings to ensure accuracy of product applications.
· Help customers with specific product orders through
leveraging other Pella team members.
· Interact with Account Receivable department to address
any potential billing/payment issues of customer.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager, Trade.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KEY COMPETENCIES
· BS/BA, AA or Technical degree
· 2-4 years of sales experience preferred
· Customer service and public relations skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and
· Ability to compile and decipher information in
· Excellent verbal and written English language skills
· Ability to learn quickly
· Be detail oriented
· Have organizational skills, prioritize tasks, and be able
to meet deadlines
· Conflict negotiation skills
· Basic math skills
· Ability to be mobile and be able to occasionally
lift/move up to 40lbs
· Time commitment required of this position will vary with
the seasons and will frequently require more than 40 hrs per week
· Must have own fully insured and functional automobile
· Must have home internet access
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
· Ability to read and analyze documents related to
contracts and work documents.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to verbally present information and respond to
questions from customers, managers, and the general public.
A majority of the travel will be local with a few
exceptions. These exceptions include, but are not limited to, trainings in
other branches and training with Pella Corporation. Individual must have a
company-compliant driving record and valid driver’s license to perform the
necessary travel for the position.
· Occasional night and or weekend work is required.
Territory is focused on Suffolk County, Eastern Long Island, specifically the
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $300,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road