California Closets Customer Service Liaison :
California Closets, the company that pioneered custom storage solutions in 1978, is looking for an experienced showroom representative to join our growing team. We are looking for teammates to work full-time in our Ronkonkoma, Sayville, and Southampton locations. Customer Service is paramount; we are looking for a personable candidate who is able to make our customers’ first contact with California Closets a positive experience. We will educate you on our beautiful high-end products and you will bring a positive, friendly, and helpful personality to guide our customers. The ideal applicant will have a passion for design and be eager to learn about our products and collaborate with walk-in clients all in an effort to deliver on the California Closets experience.
Job Purpose: The role and responsibility of a Customer Service Liaison (CSL) are to provide an exceptional experience to each customer that communicates with our company through phone, email, or client-facing contact. Additionally, general support of the following; showroom operations, walk-in customers, and overall cleanliness/maintenance of the California Closets Showroom.
Customer Service Liaison Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the first contact to greet all clients who visit our showroom, including assisting the clients with a tour, questions, expectations, and offering refreshments, as necessary.
- Understands the California Closets product and process from the initial call, to design through installation and provides information to answer customer inquiries.
- Verifies scheduled dates with customers for design consultations and installation schedules.
- Manages the office supply/sample inventory for the main office or showroom(s)
- Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls
- Maintains the showroom under the direction of the Manager by following standard practices for the facility/displays/samples/etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance and workspace that represents the CC Brand.
- Assist with data management/reporting such as billing and folder processing with self-directed problem resolution for adherence to company standards.
- Converting walk-in customers to in-home consultation appointments.
- Assist the General Manager and Sales Manager with administrative expectations and reporting.
- Assists with calling all unassigned leads and striving to achieve the 90% conversion rate goal.
- Supports the management of schedules for Installers, Design Consultants, and Customers for California Closets of Suffolk County, NY
- Assistance with showroom events.
- Participate in weekly/monthly/quarterly team meetings and or training.
- Willingness to support other offices/showrooms within the region.
- Must have flexible availability during operating hours. Monday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm (will be assigned a 5-day schedule)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates politely, clearly, and professionally with customers.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 1-2 years experience working as a customer service representative, preferably within a luxury brand environment.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible availability – some holidays and weekends are required
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, and CRM platforms
- Call center experience is a plus!
- Calendar management/regional scheduling is a plus!
- Interior design interest or education is a plus!
- High School Diploma or GED required. Ability to work on a keyboard in a sitting position for lengths of time
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k + Profit Sharing
- Industry-leading technology and support
- Supportive working environment and company culture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
We follow all State guidelines
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations