Anthony Scotto Restaurants is currently looking for an Sous Chef for one of our Fine Dining restaurants.
At Anthony Scotto Restaurants, our culinary teams are constantly evolving to keep our offerings absolutely fresh and exciting. We accomplish this by using the finest, quality ingredients available, regardless of cost, and by updating our menus to reflect the flavors of each season. Our steakhouse cuisine has expanded beyond the classics, to include world renowned sushi and sashimi, exotic cuts of beef, flavorful composed dishes and fresh seafood flown in from around the globe.
All of our restaurants feature award winning wine lists with over 450 different vintages of wine by the bottle and 40 wines by the glass, plus creative homemade desserts imagined and prepared by our in-house pastry chefs.
Here at Anthony Scotto Restaurants, we believe in cultivating our employees to be the the best that fine dining has to offer. Our trained Executive Chefs work side by side with our Sous Chefs to season them into Executive Chefs for our newly developed restaurants. This job is great for someone who has the drive and motivation to earn the promotion of a lifetime!
The ideal candidates have a minimum of 3 years culinary experience in a fine dining , high volume restaurant. Our Sous Chefs are responsible for managing all activity in the kitchen following the direction of the Executive Chef . Proven experience successfully performing these tasks, developing internal talent, and a passion for culinary excellence, along with the ability of creating exciting and accessible new dishes appropriate to the venues concept, are a must.
UNPARALLED COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Industry-leading salaries
- Revenue based quarterly bonuses- Our success is your success!
- United Health Care Oxford – medical Insurance with company contribution
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
HIGH LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for individuals who are looking to be leaders and innovators in the culinary world to drive our business forward. This position directly reports to the Executive Chef and will be responsible for shadowing and following his direction in the kitchen. You will also be responsible for managing the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD:
Anthony Scotto Restaurants has achieved great success and we are just getting started. This is your opportunity to make decisions to help shape a growing company. This position will have regular exposure to ownership and have a significant influence on decisions in the company’s development, from operational practices to company culture to service standards. We take the opinion of our team very seriously.
- Bachelor’s degree in the culinary arts
- Food Protection Certificate
- Proven experience in a fine dining establishment
- Ability to manage an entire kitchen.
- Budgeting skills to control costs
- Incredible food preparation abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Deep knowledge of fine dining and industry leading trends
- Impeccable time management skills
- Creative menu knowledge and development skills