Anthony Scotto Restaurants is currently looking for a Sommelier for one of our Fine Dining restaurants.
At Anthony Scotto Restaurants, our culinary teams are constantly evolving to keep our offerings fresh and exciting. We accomplish this by using the finest, quality ingredients available, regardless of cost, and updating our menus to reflect the flavors of each season. Our steakhouse cuisine has expanded beyond the classics to include world-renowned sushi and sashimi, exotic cuts of beef, flavorful composed dishes, and fresh seafood flown in from around the globe.
All our restaurants feature award-winning wine lists with over 450 different vintages of wine by the bottle and 40 wines by the glass, plus creative homemade desserts imagined and prepared by our in-house pastry chefs.
Here at Anthony Scotto Restaurants, we believe in cultivating our employees to be the best that fine dining has to offer. We are looking for a sommelier to oversee our wine menu and offer recommendations on the best pairings. The responsibilities of sommeliers include supervising wine serving, collaborating with winemakers to upgrade selections, and providing wine recommendations to guests.
To be successful as a sommelier, you should demonstrate a friendly personality, strong food and wine pairings knowledge, and good interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch sommelier should have an understanding of the wine making process, ability to create exquisite food and wine pairings, and be available for travel.
UNPARALLELED COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Industry-leading salaries
- Commission on wine by the bottle and glass sold
- Revenue-based quarterly bonuses- Our success is your success!
- United Health Care Oxford – medical Insurance with company contribution
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
HIGH LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for individuals looking to be leaders and innovators in the culinary world to drive our business forward.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and updating wine lists with the chefs and manager.
- Making recommendations on food and wine pairings.
- Ensuring that the wine cellar is fully stocked.
- Informing guests on the variety of wines available.
- Training wait staff on available wines.
- Negotiating prices with vendors.
- Organizing wine tasting events.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
· 3+ years’ of experience as a sommelier at a fine dining/high volume restaurant
· Wine Certification from an accredited wine institution preferred
· Excellent beverage knowledge- including beer, wine and spirits
· Excellent understanding of beverage inventory and cost management
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Team-oriented and a motivator to the FOH staff